Friday, November 7, 2008

Singles Fall Retreat

So last weekend I had the great opportunity of going on a singles retreat with Twin Oaks and several other presbyterian churches. It was a wonderful weekend. First of all, we went to Trout Lodge and Camp Lakewood, which obviously made it extra special because I worked there this past summer. I got to see a whole lot of people that I miss from this summer and got to remember the great things about camp. Second of all, it was absolutely awesome to get together with fellow Christians and worship God. I loved being able to fellowship with some people that I haven't seen for a long time and learn from great teaching. The people I was with were very nice and I enjoyed getting to meet so many new people. One of the last things I enjoyed was getting to see God's beautiful creation. The tree were so beautiful with all their different colors and the lake was so peaceful and quiet. Overall, I had a wonderful weekend, God taught me a whole lot and I was refreshed with fellow believers. Here are just a few pictures:


Beautiful trees on the way to the chapel

The chapel

The path from Trout Lodge to Camp Lakewood with the tennis courts in the background

The bench near the Waterwheel Country Store that I would always call my parents from during the summer, because that is the only place I could get good reception.

Trout Lodge's pontoon boat at their waterfront

No comments: