Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Donating Blood
I think one of the wonderful opportunities college students have is to donate blood. Each year at my school we have 3-4 blood drives. We usually will have 1-2 in the Fall and 2-3 in the Spring. I think blood donation is such a great way to give to our community. They are in need of so much blood everywhere these days because many blood banks are drying up. So yesterday I donated blood through the Community Blood Center. This is obviously not a super fun thing to go through, but I think it is necessary. I have plenty of good blood that I might as well share with people who are in desparate need for blood. I am glad that as a college student I have this opportunity to save someone's life in a very tangible way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment