Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back at School and First Day of Classes

Well, I am back at school and have started classes. I moved my stuff in on Saturday and have been trying to get completely settled in since then. I started classes today and am excited about the ones I'm taking. I think they are going to be very interesting. I am taking Anatomy & Physiology I (including a lab), Sociology, Public Speaking, Essentials of Managing Info (a computer class), and a Supplimental Instruction Lab to go with Anatomy & Physiology. I am only taking 13 hours, but I think I will stay busy working and studying. Anatomy & Physiology is supposedly one of the hardest classes at the university so I will have to work very hard to do well in that class. I'm really excited about taking the Nursing classes because hopefully after this semester I will be able to apply to the School of Nursing. I am trying to get accepted so I can be in by Fall 2009. After that I will only have two years left of college.

I am excited to be back, but wish that I could have spent more time at home. It seems like I never get to see my family and church friends anymore. Also it would have been nice to have a little more time to relax. The week in between when I got home from camp and I came back to school was absolutely crazy. I came home from camp and almost immediately got sick with the stomach flu, which I then passed on to my Mom. In addition to all of this, my brother, sister-in-law, and their little daughter were living at our house for a few days before they moved to Seattle. This was a whole lot of fun, but was also somewhat caotic. I also celebrated my 21st birthday. In the midst of all this, I had to pack and organize my stuff for school, which was not exactly an easy task with all the distractions around. All of this is to say that the last week and a half has been extremely busy.

I can't believe how fast this summer has gone. It seems like I was just taking finals for last semester's classes and that I just arrived at camp for staff training. I definitely agree that the older you get and the more fun you are having the faster time goes. I look forward to see what God is going to do in and through me this year. I will try and keep you updated more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for the update. I'm glad you are excited about the semester before you. It sounds like a good one.--Marcie