Friday, July 4, 2008

Support Staff at Camp

Sorry it has been so long since I have updated this. I have been very busy with camp! This summer has been a lot different than last summer in a lot of different ways, but I think the biggest way is the fact that I have been on support staff for two weeks now. Basically when your on support staff, you don't have a group of kids and you float around helping out with whatever needs to be done. The first week, I spent the majority of the week in the office filing papers, entering paperwork into the computer, sorting through mail, answering phone calls, and just helping out around the office. This past week I have also been in the office a lot, but I have also gotten to do a few other things like help set up for the all camp game on Monday and help set up for the special 4th of July things we are doing today. I have very mixed feelings when it comes to being on support staff. It definitely has it's advantages and disadvantages to it. The advantages are that it is much more laid back and relaxing than having a group of kids and you sometimes get a little more free time. One of the best advantages is being able to get to know the people in the office. I have very much enjoyed that aspect of it. There are also disadvantages though. I have to admit that even though working in the office in not so bad, it is incredibly boring and tiring. Filing papers and sitting at a computer is not the most exciting thing in the world by any means. IIn general, I think being on support staff has been really good for me. Not only has it made me more thankful for the higher ups seeing how much work they do, it has also given me a chance to recover from the horrible session 3 I had. I am now pumped, very excited, and ready to move back into the cabins for next week.

No comments: