Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Major Decision!!

Well, today I made a major decision. I have officially changed my major to nursing. I have been attending Career Counseling with our Career Services Office and I took soem test to figure out what I enjoy and what jobs would be best for me. I looked at all the numbers and have come to the conclusion that being a pediatric nurse would fit me better than teaching elementary education. I have much more of a scientific mind than a creative mind. I am hoping to be a pediatric nurse in a hospital or some other setting, like a doctors office. I also may use nursing to go to the mission field. I am really excited about this decision and am still praying about it to make sure that this is what God wants me to do. This is obviously more imprtant than me just doing what I want to do. There some big advantages of the nursing program as well. Hopefully, this will not set me back too far when it comes to graduation. I have an appointment with my new advisor tomorrow morning. Hopefully, this will help me figure out what exactly I need to do to graduate and when that will happen. I would once again appreciate your prayers as I go through this transition and try to decide for sure that this is what God wants me to do. I will keep you updated on what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is big! I am excited for you to have figured this out so early. And, it makes sense with a more scientific mind. That is really great. Thanks for sharing the news.--Marcie