Friday, August 24, 2007

First Week of Classes

Well, I survived my first week of classes. I have now been back at college for about a week. I moved in on Sunday and Monday. I am taking 15 hours this semester and am excited because I am finally taking classes for my major, instead of just general education classes. This semester I am taking Models of Teaching, Foundations of Education and Field Experience, Composition 1, Begining Bowling, Collaborating with Families with Exceptional Children, and Educational Psychology. So far I have enjoyed my classes and am not too worried about any of them. One thing that I am specifically looking forward to this semester is my field experience that I will be getting. I get to go out and observe and start working in classrooms.
I also wanted to update you about my car accident. I had a whole lot of medical tests done about a week ago and I have gotten the results back. The results show that I am just fine and I don't have any major medical problems that would have helped to cause the accident. This is great news because that means I can drive again. We are slowly working on getting all of the insurance information worked out. Hopefully, I will have a new car in three to four weeks.
I also wanted to give you an update on my church. This week is going to be a big milestone for my church. There is going to be a congregational meeting to vote on the new session. This is very exciting and I can't wait till I find out the results. I feel like all of the candidates will be very good. I feel like a lot of good is going on at my church and that we have gotten through the worst of it all. I will continue to keep you updated on what is going on.

No comments: