Thursday, June 21, 2007

Update!!

I am sorry it has been so long since I updated this blog. I have been extremely busy with camp. I have now been here for about five weeks and I am about to end my third week with kids. It has gone very well in general. I am having a ton of fun and this is a wonderful atmosphere to work in. All of the staff are really accepting of me and are nice. I have had three great groups of kids. Some have been more challenging than others obviously, but I have had a lot of fun with them. It has been really neat this past two weeks to work with some special needs kids. Last week I had a girl with pretty severe ADHD in my cabin. This was cool because hopefully I was able to help her out with her struggles. This past week I have a girl in my cabin that is very poor from the inter city of St. Louis. She has ADHD, dyslexia, LD, and mild mental retardation. She has been somewhat of a challenge, but has been a lot of fun to work with. It has also been neat to work with her since I have had quite a bit of experience working with these kind of children. This job is also wonderful experience for being a teacher. I have to teach different activities for the children and I am learning how to better take care of and discipline children. I am so glad that I have gotten this opportunity to impact the lives of so many children. I will continue to keep you updated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Glad things are going so well. Keep us posted.-Marcie