Friday, October 3, 2008

Weekends

Unlike usual, i have had social things to do on a lot of the weekends this semester. This has been so exciting to me, especially since I don't usually have anything to do and I sit at my house all weekend and just watch TV. Two weekends ago, I went on a float trip with the BSU. We floated down the Niangua River which is near Lebannon, MO. It was a whole lot of fun, even though the water itself was freezing. I got to meet a lot of new people and remember a lot of great things from this summer at camp.

Last weekend, I went to a conference called Getaway, again with the BSU! It was a lot of fun as well and I learned a whole lot. I was also definitely challenged that I need to be spreading the great news of the gospel to the lost and dying world around me which is my campus. I learned several staggering facts:One is that college students are the second most unreached people group in the United States when it comes to knowing about Christ. The second is that about 70% of the teenagers that were very involved in their church youth group in High School (just like I was) will drop out of church and/or any religious affiliation within one year of going to college. Wow! This is so sad. God definitely put it on my heart to reach out to my college campus.

This weekend I am going home to see my family. My brother, sister-in-law, and niece are coming into town from Seattle for a wedding. I am so excited to see them and my niece. Even though they have only been gone about a month and a half, I'm sure she has changed so much. I will try to put up some pictures of her later from over the weekend.

My next big weekend adventure will be the weekend of October 31st - November 2nd. I will be going down to the retreat Center that is hooked up with the camp I work at in the summer for a singles retreat with my home church. I wouldn't usually do something like this because there is going to be some much driving involved and it is kind of expensive, but it is the perfect excuse for me to go back down to camp and I am still quite emotionally attached to this place. I am so excited about this. It will be a great opportunity to meet some new people, just hang out, and relive some of my great memories from camp!

Even though this schedule is kind of crazy, I am so excited that I have things to do on the weekends instead of staying home and not doing anything exciting.

No comments: