Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Weekend

This past weekend I went home to spend Easter with my family. It was such a wonderful weekend. I got home late Friday night after riding the train. On Saturday I helped my parents get ready for my mom's cousin, her husband, and their two kids to come in from New Jersey. In addition, I got to do a little bit of shopping that I didn't get the chance to do over Spring Break. The company arrived around 4:30 on Saturday. Then on Saturday night, the kids (who are 12 year old twins) and I had a blast dying Easter eggs.

On Sunday, we all went to church. I enjoyed the service so much. It was so encouraging and I learned a lot from the sermon. I was once again reminded of the amazing thing Jesus Christ did for me, which was die on the cross for my sins and then rise again on the third day so that I could be saved. That afternoon my siblings and their spouses were over at my house to celebrate Easter and spend time together. We had several Easter egg hunts (which we never do because my siblings never want to do them) and I got to see my niece, Lilli. This was especially fun since I hadn't seen her since Christmas. I very much enjoyed getting to see everybody. On Sunday night, I went to see a movie with the kids, which was a lot of fun as well. I very much enjoyed getting to hang out with them by myself.

I was a bad girl and decided to skip class on Monday for several reasons. Mainly because I wanted to spend more time with the relatives from New Jersey and I didn't feel like spending five hours on the train on Easter. On Monday, we all went to the arch and Union Station. We went up in the arch and saw the video of how it was made. Then that afternoon, I took the kids to the park and we played and ran around. On Monday night, we all went out to dinner. Monday was such a fun day as well. I had a lot of fun at the Arch, Union Station, and the park.

On Tuesday, we went to Florissant so that the kids could meet their pen pals and then they left town. I returned to school on Tuesday evening. This weekend was so much fun. The last time I saw these relatives from New Jersey was six or seven years ago, so it was absolutely wonderful to see them, especially the kids. What a wonderful weekend.

No comments: