Saturday, December 22, 2007

Since I have Been Home and Getting Ready for Christmas

Well, I have been incredibily busy since I have been home from school. I have been helping my parents get ready for Christmas, going to events that the College Group at my church has sponsored, going Christmas shopping, and spending time with my family. I am very much enjoying being home and it has been really encouraging to go to church and spend time with the people in the college group there.

This is going to be a pretty big Christmas my family and I. First of all it is going to be my niece's first Christmas. This means that she is going to be the center of attention, very cute, and fun to be around. Also, my sister and brother-in-law are coming in from England to visit. This is super exciting because I haven't seen either one of them for quite a while and miss them a lot. Lastly, I am getting the wonderful opportunity to go and visit some good friends from High School in Memphis. I am very excited about this and hope it will be an encouragement to both me and them.

Lastly, I wanted to give you an updat on my church. I have been doing quite a few things with people from my church since I have been home and I have gotten a good idea of how my church is doing. It is absolutely amazing to see how God works and is continually faithful no matter what. Last year at this time, my church was absolutely in shambles. We have come very far since then. We continue to grow and bring in new people. Also, there is much more of a sense of community among the congregational members and the different ministries. The youth group was hit very hard from what happened, but is doing very well right now. Finding out all of these things has been very encouraging to me. As I said before, it is wonderful to see how God has worked in and through my church over the last year.

No comments: