Saturday, March 17, 2007

Church Update

Here is an update on my home church. My mom called me today and said that she had some very bad news to tell me. The news was that the youth pastor and another youth worker annouced at a meeting on Wednesday that they were resigning from their positions. This is very hard for me to hear because I was very close to the youth worker that is resigning. I was also very suprised. When I was home for Spring Break, I was able to attend my church for two weeks and I finally felt like things were begining to settle down. I also thought that everyone who was going to leave would have already left by now. Sometimes I just don't understand why God does things. I mean why would God completely split up a church that is faithfully serving Him for many years. I am trying to trust that God continues to have a plan for Twin Oaks, but it is really hard to do when people keep leaving and things like this keep happening. It was not announced where either the youth pastor or other youth worker will be going, so I guess I will just have to wait and find out what happens. When I think about these two people leaving, I am very thankful that this did not happen when I was in the Youth Group last year because I don't know what I would have done. I am going to miss these two people a whole lot. I will continue to keep you updated on the situation.

No comments: