Monday, January 1, 2007
Urbana 2006
This past week I attended a large global missions conference that was held downtown in the America's Center and Edward Jones Dome. I joined 22,ooo other college students who were from 140 different countries, every state in the United States, and every providence in Canada. I joined them to worship God, learn more about His word, and most importantly learn more about His world. This week I have been encouraged, inspired, and challenged to fulfill the Great Commission. During the week, I attended Bible studies, prayer groups, large group meetings, seminars, and Global Connections (where I was able to get information from many different missions agencies). In addition to learning a lot and being challenged, I was able to make some new friends and see some old ones that I haven't seen for a long time. I was able to see one of my previous youth pastors and his wife. This was awesome. I had not seen them for a year and a half and missed them a lot. I also had the opportunity to see a girl that I was friends with at church in High School. I have decided that God is definitely calling me to be a missionary some day. I do not know when or where I will go yet, but I know that God will reveal that to me when the timing is right. I am very glad that I went to this conference. I will never forget the experience and what I learned. I will post more about what I learned in future posts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment