I came home for the long weekend. I always do this because the town that I go to college in becomes a ghost town on the weekends. A lot of people that go to my school are from places that are close to the school, therefore a lot of people go home on weekends. This is especially true on long weekends. Anyways, I ways supposed to go back today, but I couldn't because the weather was so bad in Warrensburg. I will be taking a train back tomorrow morning. I guess I am somewhat excited to go back, but in a lot of ways I am not very excited.
This is an update on my church situation. Yesterday, I had the wonderful privalege of going to church twice. In the morning church went very well. After the morning service I got to talk to my pastor and he mentioned that he was begining to feel encouraged about the future of the church. This was very encouraging to me. It is good that he is somewhat encouraged. Last night, my church commissioned a family to missionary work in South Africa. In a lot of ways, this was very encouraging. It was neat to see us send out missionaries even though my church in general is still a big mess. Whenever we commission someone, the elders and missions committee lay hands on the family and pray for them. Last night when this happened, I visually saw the impact that the church split had had on the number of elders at our church. There were very few people up there compared to how many used to do this. Even though this is still hard, I know that God is going to bring good out of it somehow. I am trying to just trust in God and know that this is all apart of His perfect plan for my life. Once again, I will keep you updated on this situation.
Monday, January 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment