Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Sad, Hard Day Yesterday
Yesterday was a sad day for me. I found out at about 2PM that my cat, Ashes, had died. She was 16 years old and her health had been going down pretty steadily for the past six months or so. My parents had taken her to the doctor a little over a week ago and a few days later, they diagnosed Ashes as having hyperthyroidism. She was given medicine that was supposed to help her, but it did not. My parents said that she had stopped eating a few days before the Saturday doctors appointment. After she stopped eating, she went down hill fairly quickly. This has been harder for me then I ever expected. I always thought that I wouldn't be affected very much when Ashes died because she was just a cat, but it has been hard for me. I think a lot of this is because I never got to say good-bye to her. The last time I saw her was over Martin Luther King Jr. holiday weekend. I am going to miss Ashes a whole lot. She was a great cat to me and my family for almost 17 years. I will never forget the many memories I have of playing with her and watching her do funny things. I am very thankful that I was able to have Ashes for this long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This is great info to know.
Post a Comment