Monday, December 11, 2006

College Transition

Looking back at the transition to college that I have been through so far, I have mixed emotions about it. In a lot of ways the transition has been very difficult for me, but it has also been good because I have learned many life lessons within this semester. It is not that I don't like where I am , it is more that I miss the past. I love it at this college. My classes have gone well this semester and in general all of my professors have been excellent. I have begun to make friends and have gotten involved with the BSU. This has been absolutely incredible.

The hardest thing for me has been the many different changes that have taken place in my life. I left my family. I left my church and youth group, both of which I was very involved in. I left everything that I knew as normal. This has truly been the hardest aspect for me. I could have never imagined how huge of a transition it was going to be. This aspect of the transition was made even harder because of the fact that my church has been struggling tremendously recently. Another thing that has been hard for me is having to say good bye to people that I was close to.

Although this transition has been somewhat hard, I am very thankful for it because as I said before I have learned a whole lot. I would say that God has definitely used this transition to strengthen my relationship with Him. I have continued to be reminded that I need to trust in Him no matter what is going on in my life. I feel like by God's grace, I have learned to not look down on people that are struggling with sin. Instead I try to love them with Christ's love. I feel like this is the best way to share the gospel with people. I have definitely not completely gotten used to college life, but I am excited to see what God is going to continue to teach me next semester and how He is going to work in my life to influence the lives of others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura,
Awesome to hear how you're doing! As I think about leaving next year, I can relate to your transition. I know it will be hard for me next year, too. But you're right--it's in those times when we're unsure that God teaches us greatly!
What's BSU?
~B. Bayer